Friday, February 17, 2012

Saturday Day #31, Understanding Your Shape

"Only you can be you.  God designed each of us so there would be no duplication in the world.

If you don't make your unique contribution to the body of Christ; it won't be made.

Abilities
All abilities come from God.  Part of the church's responsibility is to identify and release your abilities for serving God.

Every ability can be used for God's glory.   "there are different abilities to preform service, but the same God gives ability to all for their particular service."  God has a place in his church where your specialties can shine and you can make a difference.  It's up to you to find that place.

What I'm able to do, God wants me to do.  No one else can play your role, because they don't have the unique shape that God has given you.  To discover God's will for your life, you should seriously examine what you are good at doing and what you're not good at.

Your abilities were not given just to make a living; God gave them to you for your ministry.


Whatever you're good at, you should be doing for the church!"

Personality
 "God works through different people in different ways, but it is the same God who achieves his purpose through them all."

Your personality will determine how and where you use your spiritual gifts.

When you minister in a manner consistent with the personality God gave you, you experience fulfillment, satisfaction and fruitfulness.

Experiences
Your greatest ministry will likely come out of your greatest hurt.

The very experiences that you have resented or regretted most in your life-the ones you've wanted to hide and forget-are the experiences God wants to use to help others.  They are your ministry.!

What will you do with what you have been through?  Don't waste your pain; use it to help others."
PDL Chapter #31

If I don't do it, it won't be done.  Someone else could take my place, but the result would not be the same.  I need to use my  talents to serve.  "What I'm able to do, God wants me to do." I've done many things in my life and have had many experiences.  I need to think about what my talents may be and then combine them with my experiences and see what God wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment