Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wed Day #7 The Reason for Everything

Everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory Romans 11:36

Everything created by God reflects his glory in some way.

You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created everything.

_____________________________________________________________

All sin, at it's root, is failing to give God glory. It is loving anything else more than God.

Refusing to bring glory to God is prideful rebellion.

Living for God's glory is the greatest achievement we can accomplish with our lives.

Worship is a lifestyle of enjoying God, loving him. and giving ourselves to be used for his purposes.

Living the rest of your life for the glory of God will require a change in your priorities, your schedule, your relationships and everything else.


We started our journey last Thursday with "It's not about you" and today we begin with "It's all about him". It feels to me that this chapter is divided in two. The first half tells us that God is to be glorified. the second part (below my line), tells what glorifies God and what doesn't. So, we are standing at a fork in the road; live life for ourselves, which doesn't glorify God, or live the rest of our lives for the glory of God. I think that if we want to glorify god, we need to study the word, try to be mindful of his glory in our daily lives, give him thanks, make the best use of our gifts, be in fellowship with other Christians, be patient, serve others and tell others about Him. In that manner, we are living our beliefs and bringing glory to the Father.

1 comment:

  1. How can I glorify God in my daily routine? The definition of glory is worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving. Revelation says that God is worthy to receive glory and honor and power because He created everything. God can be glorified when all of His creation worships Him by doing what pleases Him. When every part of creation fulfills God's purpose, glory is brought to God. My daily routine should begin with thanksgiving for my life. Throughout the day I need to honor God by letting him walk beside me and seek his will in all of my decisions. I need to end every day with thanksgiving as well, no matter what kind of day I have had. I think walking beside God all day will bring glory to Him. This isn't easy, but if I step aside and let the Spirit of the Lord work within me, I will become more and more Christ-like and reflect his glory even more. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Becoming more Christ-like will glorify God.

    ReplyDelete