Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day #2 You Are Not an Accident

I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born- Isaiah 44:2

I am part of an intricate plan.

Life is a Blessing.

God made me for a reason

I am not an accident.

We are perfectly made. This is different than what society tells us. Society tells us we can look better. Society tells us we don’t have to accept anything we don’t like about ourselves.

Because God created us, he knows us intimately.

If God created us as we are, do we have the right to change that?

Do the things we don’t accept about our personality, background and appearance have the potential to hinder our relationship with God?

2 comments:

  1. We are created in God's image. God is perfect and God is love. I don't think anyone ever decides they don't like something about themselves until someone else or society points out something that they think is wrong with them. This builds off of yesterday in not getting caught up in what others think and say and needing to slow down and go deeper in God's word and to quiet ourselves so we can listen to what God is telling us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Brian, about society.

    I am not an accident! What a great feeling. I am God's creation - He is like my instruction manual! All the more reason to go to Him to help me figure out how to build this life. He will not turn away from me even when I don't get it right, and he knew I would screw up! He had already taken in account human error and sin so he made a way to remedy that - Jesus! He gave me my personality, my appearance and my background. Now what can I do with that so God can fulfill his purpose in me? I also like Isaiah 46:3-4: Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. Now that's commitment!

    ReplyDelete